Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cinder




Book One in the Lunar Chronicles
by Marissa Meyer
Ages: 12+

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg.  She is considered a second-class citizen in New Beijing.  Her stepmother blames her when the stepsister gets the mysterious plague.  Her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai and finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle between humans and the ruthless lunar people.  She uncovers her mysterious past which leads her into making difficult choices in order to protect her world's future.   

I was very hesitant to read this book at first because it seemed like another Cinderella story remake.  I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this book and had to finishing reading.  I was drawn into the world of humans and androids.  I felt torn when Cinder's past was slowly revealed and she had to make some difficult decisions. I can't wait until Book 2 Scarlet comes out.  It will be featuring Cinder meeting Little Red Riding Hood in France.  There will be four books in the series.     

No comments: