Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tiger's Curse

By Collen Houck
Ages 12+

Kelsey Hayes never thought she would be helping to break a 300 year old curse after her parents died and she began her summer job before college. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren and halfway around the world her journey begins. She faces dark forces, spell-binding magic and mystical worlds. Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy.







Thoughts_
I liked this book more than I thought. Yes, it is the first book of four. I was sucked into the series and luckily for me all the of books had been written and I didn't have to wait. There is a love triangle that forms between Kelsey, Ren and Kishan (Ren's brother-also part of the curse). I learned a ton of about Indian and Chinese folk-lore, I was kind engaged. I admit I did skip some of the poems to get to the action. Each book covers the a different aspect of breaking the curse and the book series ends with a surprising ending.

Tiger's Quest
Tiger's Dragon
Tiger's Voyage

I have not read a Tiger's Dream-which is the 5th book in this series. I am not sure how it would fit into the series but I am excited to learn how it would go all together.






No comments: